Building a better society starts by making the women stronger and inducing more power in them. If they feel acknowledged, they get more confident and hence can easily face any challenge that is thrown at them. Bhamashah Yojana is a scheme towards making this more realistic. It was launched by the Government of Rajasthan on 15 August 2014 to provide financial or non-financial benefits to female population in the country.
Bhamashah Yojana is the biggest scheme launched by the state government of Rajasthan in support of women. Bhamashah was a famous minister and a financier who helped Maharana Pratap. Under the Bhamashah Card Yojana, a bhamashah card is issued to all the beneficiaries who have a bank account.
Features of Bhamashah Yojana
- Not only women, but men can also avail the benefits by paying INR 20 or INR 25 additionally.
- The government benefits are directly transferred to the bank accounts of the poor women through the scheme of the state government.
- For students and disabled persons, a special card is issued using which a special amount is given to those who do not have a family.
- The poor and underprivileged people get INR 30,000 to INR 3 lakh in their bank account for medical treatment through the Bhamashah Card.
- The Bhamashah cardholders can also buy ration from the public system shops using the biometric system.
Here’s a look at the motive of Bhamashah Card Rajasthan:
- The transactions can be monitored on the mobile.
- It provides financial inclusion to all categories
- Banking services are offered at home with full transparency and reduced delay.
- It also brings with it the added benefits of schemes like Social Security Pension, Scholarship Scheme and NREGA payment.
The eligibility criteria to apply for Bhamashah Card Rajasthan are:
- The applicant must be a resident of Rajasthan
- He/she should have a bank account under Bhamashah Card Yojana.
- The Bhamashah Card is valid in Rajasthan only.
Types of Bhamashah Card:
There are two types of Bhamashah cards:
The card is issued to the female head of the family, while details of all the members of the family are required.
Any member of the family can also get an individual Bhamashah Yojana card by paying an additional nominal fee.
- The resident with Aadhaar Identification number is provided with the Bhamashah form with pre-populated data and the applicant is needed to fill in all the details.
- The details provided by the resident are fed to the software.
- The form has the facility of grouping individuals into one family.
- If the resident does not have an Aadhaar Identification number, the Aadhaar registration is done at e-mitra kiosks.
- For such individuals, biometric details such as photo and fingerprints are taken.
- E-mitra kiosks also perform any modifications required.
Bhamashah Card Status
If the applicant has applied for Bhamashah card, he/she can check whether it has been made or not by following the steps below:
- The applicant should visit the department’s official website to check the status of Bhamashah card online.
- The applicant has to click on the status button on the page that appears.
- On the next page, he/she will be asked to enter the application number, which was assigned at the time of enrollment.
- In case there is no application number, the family identification number can also be entered.
- The applicant must click on the search button to see the Bhamashah status.
- The applicant will receive a phone call if the card is ready.
- In villages, the card can be collected from the respective patwari or any local working for government service.
- In urban areas, the card can be collected from e-mitra or any ward supervisor.
Individual Bhamashah cards can be made at any e-mitra kiosk. There are certain security features on the card, which are micro-text, invisible UV, bar code/QR code or hologram stamp.
Bhamashah Card Online Check:
The Bhamashah card download option is also offered to the applicants. After entering the application number for the bhamashah card status online, if the card is ready, it will show a download button on the app. The applicant should click on ‘Download’ to get it.
The Bhamashah app has also been launched for smooth transactional facilities to all the stakeholders of the Bhamashah Yojana scheme. It is compatible with all the operating systems. It allows the beneficiaries to apply for Bhamashah enrolment, check the status of the application, check the status of transactions and also transact via digital payment wallets like Paytm. It also helps the government officials in the process of MIS monitoring and supervision to charge for the services and to verify and track.
Rajasthan Sampark IT Centres
The Sampark IT centres set up in Rajasthan act as an intermediate between the people and the administration team of the scheme for availing various services and guidance. They enable the local people to reach the state government for receiving the services and raising any query. Service delivery to citizens, permanent Aadhaar enrolment and online Sampark portal are some resources, which are made available at these centres.
The Bhamashah Yojana is a very important step taken towards the independence and welfare of women who are deprived of the basic rights and facilities. Everything from Bhamashah login to Bhamashah update of status is absolutely easy. It makes them more confident and proud of what they are and also brings a feeling of equality in the hearts of the people who consider women to be less responsible with any activity. It gives them the strength to stand out in public and fight for their own rights without caring about any judgement or consequence. The scheme was well-thought of but wasn’t implemented properly in the basic level, which is why it couldn’t change many lives across the country. We continue to hope that these schemes are more carefully implemented to spread its benefits to as many people as possible.